sábado, 7 de outubro de 2017

Opinião - Cocky Chef e Unprofessional

Ficha Técnica:
Autor: JD Hawkins
Páginas: 256 e 226
Editor: HEA Press, LLC
ASIN: B074DK9YN6 e B06XRYVKCK

Sinopse:
Cocky Chef:
You can call me arrogant as much as you want. But when you're the best at what you do and have the hottest restaurant on the west coast, with enough Michelin stars to make Gordon Ramsay's head spin, you've earned the right to your confidence.

When I give an instruction in the kitchen, it's not a suggestion--it's an order. So when a new chef thinks she can do things her way, and dares to say so to my face, even her sharp wit and gorgeous pouty lips don't make it okay.

But I have to admit, she's got talent. She's creative in the kitchen and not even that double-breasted chef jacket can hide her perfect body. As I get to know her, I can't help wanting to know everything she thinks. I've never met a more talented chef. And I've never met a sassier and sexier woman in my life.

There's only one way this push and pull can end.

With her in my bed, begging for more.


Unprofessional:
What happens when you fall in love with your best friend?

I have the best job in the world. Date beautiful women and write about it.

But I want to take it to the next level: instead of writing about my experiences make it into an online reality show. But here is the catch. My boss wants me to share the show with a woman co-host. And he wants that woman to be my best friend and co-worker, Margo.
I’ll date beautiful women and she’ll date hot men. Sounds fair enough.

So now I have to watch her fake date hot men. I used to love going home with a different woman every night, but suddenly this isn’t as fun. Seeing Margo with anyone else is driving me crazy.

And the more time I spend with her working on the show, the less I want to keep our relationship in the friends’ zone. And the harder it is to stop myself from imagining her bent over the copier.

Things are about to get unprofessional.

Opinião:
Visto que tinha os dois livros do autor para ler, comecei inicialmente por aquele que me chamava mais a atenção. Não posso negar que gostei de ler Cocky Chef, como também não posso negar que Unprofessional foi uma leitura meramente ok.

Gostei bastante dos protagonistas do primeiro livro, principalmente da personagem feminina que tem bastante atitude e não deixa que ninguém lhe ponha o pé em cima. Apesar disso acaba por passar por um mau bocado quando tem que escolher entre o coração e seguir o seu sonho. Se bem que toda a situação poderia ter sido evitada, visto que não encontrei uma razão válida para que esta tenha tido a atitude que teve levando a que, como seria de esperar, o casal se chateasse.

A única coisa que não me agradou no livro foi o facto de ter achado que o protagonista masculino resolve os seus sentimentos e muda de atitude o pé para a mão em consequência de um acontecimento que nem percebi muito bem como é que o influenciou.

O segundo livro ficou-se por um ok porque não achei os personagens minimamente interessantes, achei-os bastante básicos e os seus dilemas soaram me fracos e mal pensados. Esperava mais do autor e por isso fiquei um pouco desiludida. Nada na história me conseguiu realmente convencer, nem o motivo pelo qual se mantinham à distância, nem o motivo para o arrufo.

Sinceramente espero que a próxima leitura corra melhor, pois este até é um autor dentro do génro que costumo seguir com algum interesse.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário